PORTFOLIO

MICA 1801 Falls Road

Originally known as The Morgan Millwork Company, this 100-year old building was transformed from the former 32,550 SF warehouse into studio and office space to support and extend MICA’s Graduate Program. The work included a connecting bridge to MICA's Graduate Studio Center and the renovation provided new space for MICA's Rinehart Sculpture Studio, Illustration Studio, Center for Design Practice and Output lab.

Similar architectural features were used to achieve this, including exposed concrete flooring, exposed ceilings, and a similar color palette. Other support spaces such as offices, seminar rooms, meeting rooms, and classrooms were also included in the program.

Higher Education Industry Excellence Coordinator: Brian DeWitt | | 410.821.1100

© Copyright 2012 The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company