PORTFOLIO

Hartford Classical Magnet School

Conversion of a 116,000 SF office building into a magnet school for grades six through 12 including science laboratories, kitchen, cafeteria, locker rooms and band/choral rooms. The scope also included construction of a 26,400 SF addition with a gym, a two-story entry lobby and a state-of-the-art black box theater. The first 200 students moved into temporary classroom space in the existing building four months after direction to proceed. The school continued to operate on the site through the remaining two years of construction. Six separate turnovers were completed to deliver additional program space to the school as early as possible.

K-12 Public Education Ind. Excellence Coordinator: Bernard LaHatte | | 410.821.1100

K-12 Private Education Ind. Excellence Coordinator: Irene Knott | | 410.821.1100

Copyright 2012 The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company