Whitehall Mill

About

THIS PROJECT

Whitehall Mill is one of a handful of surviving early textile mills along the Jones Falls in Baltimore. It was constructed from 1865 to 1875 after the original Whitehall Flouring Mill, built in 1798, was destroyed by a fire. The former mill is now a mixed-use facility and includes:

  • 28 luxury apartments, ranging from 800 to 1,200 SF
  • 22,000 SF of office space
  • 18,000 SF of retail space
  • 6,000 SF restaurant in a former boiler house
  • Parking garage
  • Pedestrian bridge

PROJECT OVERVIEW

LOCATION:
Baltimore, Maryland
Mid-Atlantic

CLIENT:
Terra Nova Ventures

0
1865

BUILDING ORIGINALLY CONSTRUCTED

0
28

LUXURY APARTMENTS

0
88,000

SQUARE FEET

The cupola was rebuilt during the renovation after being removed in the 1950s. It was recreated from old photos of the mill and makes the low-lying building more visually appealing from the road.

Since the building is in the 100-year flood plain, the following special considerations were taken:

  • 12+ flood gates
  • Mechanical/electrical systems on the second floor
  • Floor vents in the wall
  • Select windows made of aquarium glass with reinforced steel

Project

GALLERY

Residential National Leader
Carlos Cisneros
410-337-5786
Send a Message

Mixed-Use National Leader
Bob Minutoli
407-370-4500
Send a Message