Planet Word Museum

Planet Word Museum

The historic Franklin School was renovated and transformed into the Planet Word Museum. The building was originally constructed in 1869 and is designated as a National Historic Landmark. The renovation includes ten interactive museum galleries, a 150-seat auditorium, classrooms, administrative offices, an event space and a café.

The exterior envelope, including the historic windows and brick masonry, was restored. The wood and masonry structure was repaired and strengthened with underslung steel to meet modern code. The project also included the installation of:

  • A full replacement of structure with steel support for concrete slabs in several areas
  • New MEP systems and finishes
  • Two elevators
  • A terrace with a green roof and planters
  • An addition to house mechanical rooms and provide an ADA-compliant entry plaza for the building
error: Content is protected !!