This project replaced a 12-year-old, self-regenerating activated carbon system for foul air with a unit responsible engineered biofilter media system. The linear plug flow system is comprised of:
- 800 linear feet of high-density polyethylene, fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) and aluminum ductwork
- Three variable speed FRP foul air feed fans
- Three packed tower FRP plastic humidifiers
- Three concrete media reactors
- Three vertical inline mixed flow fans
There is also a climate-controlled electrical building with a standing seam metal roof and a motor control center with three phase power and 800-amp bus. The facility also includes adjustable frequency drives, transient voltage suppression system and 100-amp automatic transfer switches. The project also included fully monitored and controlled speed, flow, temperature, level and pressure sensors/indicators and associated transmitters.