This project completes a major overhaul of the sports facilities for University of Albany, including a new 6,000-seat, multi-sport stadium for football and soccer games. The stadium venue features a precast concrete lower seating bowl, steel upper seating bowls and a grass berm seating area.
Other features of the stadium include:
- Press level with a press box and lounges
- Coaching and hospitality suites
- Masonry concourse level with restrooms
- Stadium concession areas
- Advanced lighting
- New event sound system
- New artificial turf football and soccer field
- Ticketing and support spaces
- Event catering prep kitchens
The project also involved a complete renovation of the existing nine-lane NCAA Division I track and field facility and turf recreation field. Because of the track’s deficiencies, it did not meet NCAA standards, so the University could not host competitions. These standards are very specific, for instance, running track lanes must not be off pitch by more than 1/1000 of an inch, so careful constructability review was critical.